Monthly Archives: May 2017
20th JULY 2017
Members attending the Association AGM & Reunion and wishing to visit RAF Honington on the 20th July for the presentation of our new Sovereigns Colour and the Families Day should travel on the coaches provided. The coaches will depart the hotel at approximately 08.00 and depart RAF Honington at approximately 1900. Provided you have booked for the AGM & Reunion with IOW Tours no further action will be required for you to gain entry to RAF Honington as your name(s) will be forwarded to the RAF Police and they will be informed that you are travelling on the coaches.
If you are an Association member but not attending the AGM & Reunion (and therefore not travelling to RAF Honington on the coaches) but wish to visit for the Colour Parade and the Families Day, Click here for the application form – it must be completed and forwarded to the Association National Secretary by no later than 30th June 2017.
If you are a Veteran of the Corps and wish to attend either or all of the events then you should apply as above to the Association National Secretary, clearly marking your application as “VETERAN NON MEMBER”. You should also include the dates you served in the Corps and your approximate time of arrival. You must also carry photo ID to gain access to the station.
All who require lunch (pay as you dine) at the hog roast and BBQ at the Heritage Centre must inform the National Secretary.
There will be no admittance for anyone turning up on the day that has not completed the above procedure and had an acknowledgement that they have been registered.
The contact details for the Association National Secretary are:
By email at email@example.com
By post to National Secretary
RAF Regiment Association
171 Chester Road
Seven Kings, Essex,
The Programme for the 20th July is as follows:
- 09.30 arrival -Concentrate at the Heritage Centre (Parking and Access will be immediately adjacent. Disabled Veterans should inform on their registration form to be detailed to disabled parking).
- 09.45 – 10:00 Refreshments and comfort break
- 10:15 Move to parade Square by Bus
- 1100 – Presentation of a new Colour for the RAF Regiment by the VVIP
- 12:00 approx – Lunch at the Heritage Centre (Hog roast/BBQ).
- 1500 – 1900 Families Day commences including an air show to include the Red Arrows, The Falcons, the Typhoon Demonstrator and the Battle of Britain Flight. Static displays by the Atlas 400M and the Chinook as well as Corps vintage vehicles.
- 19:00 Depart for Cambridge.
- 1900 – 1100 – Hangar Bash with some transport available for members staying at the hotel who wish to stay on. There will be an additional cost.
The Commandant General is pleased to announce that the presentation of a new Queens’ Colour for the RAF Regiment will take place at RAF Honington on 20 Jul 2017. This email serves as a Warning Order for any subscribers to the Corps Parish E-Notice who may wish to attend. Exact details are still to be finalised, hence the broad nature of this Warning Order.
More details – including the procedure to apply for admission to RAF Honington – will be sent separately by a repeat email not before 2 June 17. There is no need to reply to this email. VIP guests will be invited under separate cover.
The Colour will be presented by a VVIP, to be notified in due course.
Recipients may wish to note the following outline details to enable early planning:
- The Presentation Parade is anticipated to commence mid-morning. The arrival time for guests will be confirmed in due course; for planning, guests should anticipate needing to arrive no earlier than 0930.
- Following the Parade guests will be welcome to remain for the RAF Honington Families Day. This will include an airshow; the Red Arrows, a Typhoon Display, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flt and the RAF Falcons parachute display team as well as a Continuity Drill Display by The Queens’ Colour Squadron, plus other attractions. The Families Day will conclude by 1900, with a food-court for refreshments operating throughout.
The confirmatory email will provide further details and explain the method to apply for admission to RAF Honington. Recipients might wish to note that photographic ID is required for admission – this will be specified in the confirmatory email.