75th ANNIVERSARY & ANNUAL MEMORIAL COMMEMORATION SERVICE AT NMA – Advance Notice
- The Corps will celebrate its 75thAnniversary and Annual Memorial Commemoration Service (AMCS) of the RAF Regt Memorial on Sat 24 Jun 17 at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, Staffordshire. The event will be held on National Armed Forces’ Day and will capitalise upon the NMA ground preparations for the National Veterans’ Weekend. The event is sponsored jointly by the RAF Regt and the RAF Regt Assoc, but controlled and coordinated by OC 8 FP Wg on behalf of CG RAF Regt.
- The Queen’s Colour for the RAF Regt will be paraded, as will the National Standard of the RAF Regt Assoc, the Standard of the Assoc of RAF Regt WOs and SNCOs, and a number of RAF Regt Assoc Branch Standards.
- There will be no dedicated Corps Service in the Millennium Chapel; this will enable the Corps attendees to participate in the main NMA Service and parade at the National Armed Forces Memorial (NAFM). After the AMCS, CG RAF Regt will unveil the ‘Fallen Gunner’ sculpture in the Regt Memorial Garden.
- The following programme is planned. Timings inbold are set timings, all others are approximate, the headline timing is 1305 for the March on of The Queen’s Colour:
1000 – Arrivals NMA Visitors’ Centre/Restaurant Facilities available throughout the day
1000 – Queen’s Colour and Standard Bearers’ Briefing (Visitors Centre).
1040 – NMA Act of Remembrance and Service, ends 1130
1200 – NMA Parade starts (Falkland Islands Memorial), ends 1210
1250 – Marchers and Assocs’ Standard Bearers assemble under the control of the Parade Marshal.
– Non-marchers proceed direct to RAF Regt Memorial Garden.
1305 – March on of The Queen’s Colour for the RAF Regt.
– RAF Regt contingent marches to RAF Regt Memorial Garden.
– The Queen’s Colour Party takes position in the Garden.
1320 – RAF Regt Memorial Commemoration Service begins, ends 1340
1340 – closing address by the CG.
– Unveiling of ‘Fallen Gunner’ sculpture.
1350 – Photo session (w/The Queen’s Colour) at the NAFM ‘Names’ Wall.
– Lunch (pay as you dine).
- The dress order – Suit/Blazer/Jacket and Tie (no denim) with national decorations
and medals as appropriate. Note: Unofficial and/or commercial commemorative medals are not to be worn with official State or Service/Campaign medals; they may however be worn separately on the right-hand side of clothing.
- Assoc Branches wishing to parade their Branch Standards are requested to inform the National Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 Jun 17.