RAF Regiment Association Information
The Royal Air Force Regiment Association is an amalgamation of the RAF Regiment Association and the RAF Regiment Comrades Association.
Royal Air Force Regiment Association Standard Operating Procedures 2015 – Click here to download a copy.
Royal Air Force Regiment Association Welfare Information Sheet – Click here to download a copy.
Royal Air Force Regiment Association Data Protection Protocol – Click here to download a copy.
Objects of the Royal Air Force Regiment Association
The main objective of the Association is to maintain and promote esprit de corps and comradeship amongst all RAF Regiment personnel, both past and present, in order to promote the good name, reputation and traditions of the Corps. In furtherance of this main objective, the Association shall:
- Seek to strengthen the bond between serving and retired members of the Corps.
- Facilitate clear communication between retired members and the serving RAF Regiment community.
- Represent former and fallen members of the Corps.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of RAF Regiment memorials, including the RAF Regiment Memorial Garden at the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas, Staffordshire, the RAF Regiment Chapel in the church of St Anne’s in Catterick Village, North Yorkshire, and such other memorials and graves as deemed appropriate by the NEC.
- Encourage and support Association members’ social activities.
- Represent the RAF Regiment in appropriate national veterans’ associations, HM Government’s Veterans’ Agency and related organizations.
- Advise Association members on any related Corps or Association issues.
- Forward for consideration any case of hardship or distress, in which direct financial assistance is sought or other assistance may be required, to the RAF Association (RAFA), RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF), Royal British Legion (RBL)/RBL Scotland (RBLS), Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) or other appropriate welfare and support organizations.
- Establish and maintain contact with other such organizations that concern themselves with the welfare of the Armed Forces, to ensure that due consideration is given to the interests of both serving and retired RAF Regiment members and their families.
- Assist in fund-raising for, and making donations to, those Armed Forces’ charities and causes that benefit RAF Regiment and RAF Regiment Association members.
- Support the RAF Regiment Museum and the RAF Regiment Archives in recording, preserving and developing the history of the Corps.